- Power head dry weight must not exceed 21 lbs.
- Power head must run on 50:1 fuel oil mixture
- Saw must be single cylinder, 2 cycle with loop scavenge.
- Saw must include,: power head, tool kit, manual, 2 bottles of two cycle oil mix.
- Saw must have 180 day warranty.
- Saw power head must have 4.4 cubic inch displacement with a 2.05-inch molybdenum impregnated bore and 1.34 inch stroke.
- Power head must develop 6 horsepower at 8500 RPM.
- Power head shall idle at 2500 RPM and must obtain a maximum unloaded speed of 10,000 RPM.
- Centrifugal clutch must engage at 3500 RPM.
- Electronic Ignition must have lifetime warranty.
- Carburetor must be an all position diaphragm type with integral fuel pump.
- Carburetor must be fitted with a paper air filter.
- Air filtering system must include a covered 3-stage foam air pre-filter to protect it from debris and water.
- Carburetor must be isolated from the cylinder by a fiberglass spacer, rubber boot and isolating wall to prevent vapor lock.
- Muffler must be side ported USFS and ANSI approved with spark arrestor.
- Crankshaft shall be balanced two (2)-piece drop forged.
- Crankshaft shall be supported by two (2) deep groove ball bearings.
- Piston shall be made from a low friction alloy.
- Rod shall have silver plated needle bearings.
- Cylinder shall have asymmetrical cooling fins and shall be cooled by a high capacity fan.
- Power head must be isolated from handle assembly by six (6) rubber "springs" to cancel vibration.
- Saw shall have full wrap handle for operator protection and safety.
- Saw shall have rear hand guard.
- Saw shall have large D-ring handle for easy starting with gloves.
- Saw must have positive position on/off switch for safety. (Momentary switch is not acceptable).
- Power head shall have large fill caps.
- Fuel tank volume shall be 1.58 pints.
- Saw must be able to accept abrasive, diamond, and carbide rescue blades.
- Saw arbor must be interchangeable with 1-inch arbor blades.
- Cutting arm must e reversible from inbourd to outboard side of powerhead.